[rt-users] New rt2 install- customization questions
billp at wjp.net
Wed Aug 14 21:09:21 EDT 2002
I am finally getting around to installing RT2, and have a long
laundry list of customizations that I would like to do before
putting it in production. (Actually, with the help of the
archives and some work on my own, I am getting real close.)
I thought it would be easier to put them all in one email, rather
than break them up by type of question -- I hope that is ok.
1) Is there a way to add a keyword item to the ticket list?
(In %WebOptions, what would be the entry?)
I looked at KeywordSelects, but I did not quite understand
how to implement this.
2) Is there a way to add the number of transactions a ticket has to
the ticket list? (In %WebOptions, what would be the entry?)
3) I don't know mason. Is there a way to execute a shell script
(basically outputs html of our "network status") around line 14
of the main WebRT/html/index.html?
4) Has anyone written a scrip that will email the ticket
owner if a ticket is created via the web (by someone else),
to let them know they have a ticket waiting?
5) Is there a scrip that can email all queue members (users
with permission to the queue) upon a ticket created via email?
(Similar to rt1 operation.)
6) Can someone define who exactly gets emailed with these
Do some of them overlap/have common recipients?
Possible future enhancements-- has anyone attempted any of these
types of things, if not, might they be considered for a future
1) Summary section on the home screen, by user.
Similar to the "Find new/open tickets" queue list, but have
the same list per-user. Only allow for privleged users, possibly
restricting being listed via a permission.
2) Displaying children tickets directly under the parent ticket on the
search and/or home screens (ticket summaries.)
3) Ability to automatically comment/reply/resolve ALL children tickets
within the parent ticket? Could this be done with a scrip?
More information about the RT-Users