[rt-users] Upgrade RT
tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 05:33:48 EST 2008
On 17 Nov 2008, at 10:34 pm, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Do I upgrade from RT 3.4.5 to RT 3.8.1 directly? Or there is a roadmap
You can do this in almost one go, yes. It's almost exactly what I'm
doing with my production RT, where I'm going from 3.4.2 to 3.8.1
> Do I upgrade the mysql 4.0.24 to 4.1 first before upgrading the RT?
Yes. Or at least, here's what I've tested, and seems to work quite
1) Set up a new RT box for your new server, so that you can always
back out if this goes wrong. On this server, install the new version
of MySQL you want to use, and install RT 3.8.1
2) Make a dump of your production MySQL instance, and load it into
the new MySQL database.
3) Run the /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade command
as detailed in the RT 3.8.1 README file, but only as far as version
4) Run the MySQL upgrade script, as detailed in UPGRADING.mysql, and
apply the SQL statements it wants you to make. This can take a long
time; the alter table statements are pretty slow-running.
5) Run the /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade thing
again for the last small changes from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1
After that, it all seemed to work pretty well.
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.
More information about the RT-Users